The Beef Cattle and Forage Field day will be held at the Southeast Research and Extension Center (25092 Ness Rd, Parsons, KS) on August 3, 2021. Registration will begin at 8:30 am with the educational program beginning at 9 am. For those that will not be able to attend in person, you may watch via Zoom webinar (sign-up on www.southeast.ksu.edu/field_days or by calling 620-820-6125 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org). The “live” presentation will also be simultaneously broadcasted on the K-State Southeast Research and Extension Center Facebook Live page (@kstatesoutheast).
Topics and speakers are:
- Consumer responses to lab meats and labeling – Lane Egger, graduate student in Meat Science, Kansas State University
- Interseeding annuals into perennial pastures – Alex Rocateli, Forage Specialist, Oklahoma State University
- Market positioning for cow-calf producers – Scott Clawson, NE Area Economist, Oklahoma State University
- Strategies to increase yield and forage quality in hayfields – Bruno Pedreira, Agronomist, Kansas State University
- Essential oils/spices for growing cattle gains and effects on insects – Jaymelynn Farney, Animal Scientist, Kansas State University
A lunch will be provided following the educational meeting and options for tour of the facility and current cattle research will be available following lunch. Kansas State University is committed to making its services, activities, and programs accessible to all participants. If you have special requirements due to a physical, vision, or hearing disability, or would like more information please contact Jaymelynn Farney, 620-820-6125.