10. A three-year old will repeat “Dad’s words” during those moments when all goes quiet in a public place.
Two-time national wheat yield contest winner C.R. Freeman, owner of Premium Beef and Grain of Hobart, swings for the fences without compromising on grain quality.
Cow-calf producers can add significant value to calves prior to sale. A careful look at the auction reports reveals the value of calf production and marketing practices. Hopefully bull calves were castrated at branding time or earlier but, if not, castration should be done in plenty of time …
10. Most of his time is spent taking ‘selfies’ — him and the cows, him and the tractor, him and the 40 rods of electric fence he rolled up in the rotary mower.
Winter wheat is used for grain-only, forage-only or dual-purpose systems targeting cattle grazing and grain production. In the Southern Plains, stocker producers interested in grazing winter wheat pastures often begin planting wheat in late August or early September. The desire to jump-start…
- Springfield residents find success, community through elderberries
- Barry County cattlemen showcase commitment to quality genetics during annual tour
- Top 10 things a farmer learns from his kids
- Beef by-product values surge higher
- Optimizing machinery ahead of harvest can add valuable yield
- The Top Ten things the Extension guys don’t fully appreciate about your cows
- Drought and Herd Liquidation
- Cool summer leads to quality corn
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.